Tree-huggers at heart will rejoice to meet the entrancing rainbow tree. A tree with paint brush-like strokes of neon green, red-orange, and deep maroon may sound like a science-fiction creation, yet the rainbow eucalyptus grows on our very own planet earth!
Here are 10 Reasons why you should add a visit to a rainbow eucalyptus tree to your bucket list:
1) Living Rainbow Bark: Shedding bark reveals a striking bright green color, which eventually fades to orange-red, then maroon, and brown tones. Because the tree sheds in parts, all of these colors can be present at once, creating a rainbow effect.
2) Never the Same Tree Twice: You might also call it 'the tree of transformation' because it is continuously shedding and growing fresh layers of bark. Its striking pattern of color continually shifts.
3) Quick Growing: In its native home of the Philippines, this eucalyptus plant is widely used for pulpwood because of its swift growth at around 3 feet per year. It's fast growth also makes it a sustainable resource.
4) A Unique Evergreen: Think of evergreens as trees with dark green needles? Think again. The rainbow tree is evergreen as well, keeping its foliage year-round.
5) Air Quality Improvement: City planners often choose this tree for dense traffic areas because of its superb ability to clean the air. As the tree sheds older bark, it discards built-up air pollutants.
6) Colorful Wood Furniture: Though pulp from this tree produces standard white paper, furniture designed from its wood will retain a variation of its maroon and brown color streaks.
7) Beautiful and Beneficial: Bees are attracted to the sweet nectar of the eucalyptus' lovely white flowers, making it useful for honey production and bee preservation alike.
8) Malaria Prevention: The rainbow eucalyptus plant can absorb excess water in areas where the mosquito population frequently spreads malaria.
9) Ease of Cultivation: Your rainbow tree will require lots of water and humidity being native to Philippines, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea, but is otherwise a hardy species.
10) Aromatherapy: While the tree as a whole does not give off an ambient scent, the crushed leaves will produce a clean medicinal aroma.
In late 2019, Spirit Science launched a one-of-a-kind Mystery School ~ Spirit Mysteries ~ as an online, membership-only school of transcendence. It has grown rapidly, and now contains hundreds of hours of courses and thousands of students from across the world. If you are ready to take your spirituality to the next level, fill out the form below to learn more...